This is the first time we've created release notes on version 4 of Harmony. From now on release notes will include changes also deployed to version 3 instances for customers not yet upgraded.
For a full change list on all our releases please regularly check out https://blog.harmonypsa.com/developer/release-notes
Just to refresh people's memories; the main differences between version 3 and 4 are:
- Improved multi-timezone support
- A split between Service Tickets (helpdesk) and Work Items (planned project work)
- Task dependencies between work items
- Progress reporting process on work items
- Project and global gantt
We will be working through upgrading existing customers to v4 in the coming months but please get in touch if you would like to be upgraded ahead of this schedule.
Changes in v4.13
The following are the major changes in v4.13:
- Ability to copy in ad-hoc people on ticket comments and update the ticket on their responses
- Ability to propogate ticket comments to child and parent tickets
- Work Items can now be assigned to teams rather than individuals
- Billing milestones are now staged payments and are now non-mandatory, meaning you can partially release orders for billing without having to create them
- Ability to bulk release purchases for billing rather than having to do this individually
- Ability to navigate to parent tickets straight from the ticket list
And from v3 updates:
- Ability to 'Save As\Copy' filter sets
- SLA reporting enhancements to improve clarity of informaiton
- Setting so that when viewing tickets, timers prompt to Auto-Start
- New 'Does Not Contain' filter option
- Additional columns Revenue Model, Product Item and Product Group on the journal analysis report
- You can now generate scheduled reports PDFs in portrait or landscape mode
Here are more details on some of the specific changes:
Billing Milestones are now Staged Payments
One change you may notice is a change in terminology:
- The menu item Tasks > Billing Release > Milestones are now called Tasks > Billing Release > Purchases
- The tab on contracts Billing Methods > Milestones is now Billing Methods > Purchases
- The Build Milestone button is now labelled Build Stage Payment
The main reason for the change is so that it is quicker to partially release order lines for billing, yet not lose the ability to structure future invoice events, and also to clarify some terminology.
Previous to this release, whenever an order for a purchase was made by a customer, there was an ordered quantity in Harmony, and also a Milestone (now called Stage Payment) to bill that quantity. If you wanted to bill part of the quantity or value, you had to delete that Staged Payment and recreate a new one. This was painful if you did it frequently.
With the new model, you can release a quanitity of the Purchase without having to create a Staged Payment at all. However, if you wish to plan future billing events you can still create the Staged Payments if required.
Ability to copy in ad-hoc people into ticket comments
You can now add additional recipients to ticket updates. This allows you to CC suppliers and third parties into ticket comments.
Any responses coming back from those third parties are added back into the comment thread as PRIVATE comments so that you do not inadvertently expose third party comments to your customers. If you want to share those comments with customers, just copy and paste from the private to the public thread.
Propogating ticket comments to child and parent tickets
As you probably know, Harmony has the concept of child and parent tickets and behaviours that happen depending upon those types of relationships. One of those key relationship types is Depends Upon. This relationship means that closing the parent ticket wil prompt to close the child tickets.
Now, when entering ticket comments you can propogate those comments onto the related child and parent tickets, and Harmony will recurse children to find all child tickets down a tree.
This is perfect for where you have a master ticket approach, or if you are a software development shop with Release tickets, Feature tickets and Call tickets in a hierarchy.
Work items can now be assigned to teams rather than individuals
This change means that when you create work items in projects, you can keep them assigned to a team, and in the future assign them to individuals. This is reflected in the project templates which no longer require you to template which user will be assigned a ticket created by the template.
As always if you have any questions or issues please get in touch.
Oh.... and happy Christmas!!
The Harmony Team