Your business is successful, you have sorted your pricing and your customers love the products and/or services you deliver. The market, both domestically and abroad is primed for exploitation and growth, so what will stop you making the most of opportunity? What can possibly go wrong?Read More
We talk to many ISV’s (software developers) and often the topic of them writing their own solution comes up.Read More
Life used to be simple. Companies operated in one region, through a single legal entity, selling one brand in a single currency.Read More
If the PSA tool you use does not contain its own ledger, it will need to support an interface to a third-party accounting package. There are two ways to do this and here we discuss the pros and cons of both.Read More
It’s hard to stay on top of data stored in more than one place. Valuable time is wasted cross referencing and data integrity is difficult to maintain. A PSA solution puts all your sales, service desk and billing data in one place, allowing automated, standardised processes that can grow with your company. Everyone has access to current customer data. Everyone is an expert.Read More
We have been working hard this month on some key new features and updates:
- Improved events, action and posts functionality - brings your calendar onto your homepage with additional clever features designed to help you manage your (and your team's) daily workload more effectively
- Work scheduler improvements - additional useful features make the scheduler more user-friendly
- Improved time booking functionality - you can now add multiple time booking against a project task or ticket on same day
- Using Basic Authentication to run api calls - use Harmony's RESTful HTTP end points to automate actions in Harmony and to retrieve data out of Harmony
- Create Alerts and Communicate - create alerts against any objects for effective communication across the system.
As this is a big release these notes are going out in advance of the changes going live. Read through the notes below and let us know if you have any questions!
Improved Events, Action and Posts functionality
- Actions - these are essentially 'to-dos' which happen either at a point in time, or are due by a point in time. You can create them for yourself or other people
- Events - these have a start and an end time and usually represent meetings, or blocked out work time
- Posts - these are purely notes made against the related object for future reference.
To integrate your Harmony calendar with your other calendars simply follow the instructions on your Harmony profile page. We integrate with a variety of calender clients including Microsoft Outlook and Google Apps.
Actions in Action :)
You can have option to choose the end time of action as:
- Happens at (supposed to happen at that time)
- Due by (supposed to be done by that time)
assigning it to them. Then you can monitor the progress and details of their actions in Actions Assigned by me section and in their actions section. The actions will also appear in their event calendar. Actions are highlighted as follows:
- Today: Any actions which have a due date of today either Due By or Happens At and are not done
- Working On: Any actions which are Due By and are not done
- Overdue: Any actions where the due date is in the past and not done.
You can mark any action as done by just checking the done flag and it will then now disappear from all the logs.
Events in action
More about actions and events
- Post/Actions/Events: You can go to Post/Actions/Events either by going to Activity-My Activity - Post/Events/Actions or by just clicking on enlarge icon on top right corner of event calendar in dashboard.
- Adding Actions against objects:You can now add actions/events against objects. Any action/ event that will be created will appear in the object's Activity tab Actions and Events grid and in the calendar. In other words, objects can be tagged against an action.
3. If you are creating an action against an object, there is option to add multiple tags for different objects as well. Then this actions will also be appearing in the objects that are being added.
For example : You can now tag corresponding contact against customer action created:
Work Scheduler Improvements
- Assign more than one person against a single ticket
Now you can schedule particular ticket task against more than one person at a time in the work scheduler .Work scheduling has now become lot easier as the work scheduler will have all schedules (against tickets/projects) being assigned to each team member of selected team.
- Option to see the week view and month view of work scheduler (1 week or 4 weeks can be chosen as an option for work scheduler view)
- Ability select working hours You can choose/check working hours checkbox in the scheduler and scheduler now shows only working hours which helps to schedule only in the working hours
- Schedule this Ticket button On the ticket form, Schedule Ticket button is now added to the ticket buttons dropdown list. It will load the scheduler in the wizard panel and the scheduler filter the list of tickets down to just that particular ticket to be scheduled and we have options to do work scheduling against this ticket.
An important feature is that we can add as many hours you want and it will then be split into working hours in the time scheduling if needed.
Improved Time Booking Functionality
Using Basic Authentication to run api calls
- Post transactions to Harmony
- Query data out of harmony, even specifying filter parameters and paging information
Create Alert and Communicate
|#20140429.1||Bug||activity alert still showing when you delete a line awaiting initialisation|
|#20140425.18||Feature||Schedule related changes|
|#20140425.5||Bug||Filtering out none due purchase invoices|
|#20140422.7||Bug||Renewals due activity count not updated when schedule is terminated|
|#20140326.4||Feature||Customisation of Upgrading landing page.|
|#20140312.5||Feature||Customer and supplier activity view|
|#20140502.13||Bug||An invalid character was found in the mail header: '.' (user was created with invalid email address)|
|#20140520.12||Feature||Schedule This Ticket button|
|#20140422.11||Refactor||Remove the in memory cache functionality in harmony and hijump|
|#20140510.1||Feature||Add a field to Activity/My Activities|
|#20140520.7||Feature||Additional column for Customer Account number|
|#20140424.4||Bug||Timesheet (Printing internal tasks)|
|#20140220.13||Bug||My Unassigned Invoice lInes|
|#20140503.1||Feature||Ability to use basic authentication when using Harmony API|
|#20140512.2||Bug||Adding events to campaign errors|
|#20140508.11||Bug||Print view bug|
|#20140501.24||Bug||Remove Unassigned Ticket count from portlet|
|#20140501.22||Bug||Routing rules not being applied when creating ticket internally|
|#20140327.15||Feature||Employee search grid|
|#20140508.6||Bug||'Services are running' present on the ExternalUser portal screen|
|#20140317.1||Bug||Delegation: 'Undelegate All Roles' button asks for a role|
|#20140430.9||Bug||Editor on ticket comments reverting back to text boxes|
|#20140506.5||Bug||Earned Spent Time Report Grid Issues|
|#20140501.28||Bug||Mail rejection patterns should be doing an AND not an OR|
|#20140402.4||Feature||Link to ticket on timesheet - open in new tab|
|#20140207.3||Bug||Tooltips missing on a couple of buttons|
|#20140113.13||Feature||Move Activity Type from Project Task to Time Booking|
|#20140501.20||Bug||Issue with category names|
|#20140516.4||Bug||DLS subscriber error|
|#20140430.12||Bug||Object link causing object ref not set|
|#20140501.7||Bug||validate regex entered in (setup > tickets > email interface)|
|#20140327.16||Bug||Minor bug: no cancel option when cloning ticket|
|#20140219.21||Bug||Do not show Convert To Order button if there are no lines on the quote|
|#20140226.30||Bug||SLA Report: Filters don't work|
|#20140520.3||Bug||Timesheet undefined bug|
|#20140501.4||Bug||AsCheckBox() being used where AsBooleanCheckBox() should be|
|#20140428.6||Bug||Creating new contact does not pre-select previously selected customer|
|#20140219.5||Feature||Make Renewal Due email timing a setting|
|#20140411.6||Bug||Empty comments on a ticket|
|#20140218.6||Feature||Ability to have contacts send emails from blacklisted domains as long as their email address exists|
|#20140225.11||Feature||Low Priority feature request: Addition of Account ID to Customer Contractuals|
The market for cloud computing is on fire in the US. A recent article in MSP Today claimed that in the US, IAAS (infrastructure as a service) is growing at over 40% CAGR between 2001 and 2016. That’s amazing growth in anyone’s books.Read More
The SituationRead More
Technology and professional services businesses spend over 70% of their fixed budget on staff. However, the connection between their revenue streams and employment spend are often very hard to analyse and even harder to optimise.Read More